These last few weeks have been hard, ya'll.

Mentally, emotionally, physically draining feats- juggling knives and every damn one of them cuts you.

On the bus front, we managed to get all of the seats out. Barring a few instances of rust and having to cut a few bolts out, the bus is now seat free.

But then we got to the walls... the ceiling panels come off, no problem. Managed to get one of those and a wire chase out. The wall under the windows though? We quickly found out that they are tac welded to the outside walls, meaning we're going to have to take every window out and drill out those welds. That adds on at least a solid 3 days of work to our schedule. Fun stuff! It also completely rearranges our project because we might as well paint the exterior while the windows are out. It's a LOT less to contend with in terms of taping and tarping. And while we have the windows out, we might as well put steel panels in the spots where we want privacy (bathroom, bedroom, parts of the kitchen)... We'll also need to remove all of the exterior parts like the lights we don't need, the brackets for the old mirrors and stop sign arms, etc. So all of that now has to has to happen before we even touch the interior.

On a personal front, we're juggling that with cleaning up the chaos from the farm. This week has been a constant flow of people buying chickens, pigs, purchasing the last of our meat, and just general chaos all around. Add on school, work, the kids starting back to school- we're grateful that things are selling and stuff is happening, but to say that we are constantly exhausted and emotionally drained is an understatement.

I have spent the last 3 years defining myself by this place. I'm the chicken lady. I'm the farmer. I'm the crazy veggie woman. I've researched and taught myself so much and busted my ass to build this place from the blank slate it was (with a ton of Ed's help; though he's not nearly as emotionally invested in it as I am)... It's like cutting off an arm- what do you do now without it? How do you function? Who are you now that something that was essential to your person, is gone?

Ed and I are both a little lost right now. And overwhelmed. And generally kind of sad. While there's  a lot to look forward to, there's also a lot to miss about our old life. And this massive, overwhelming, from-the-floor-up kind of change is scary. Really freaking scary. And I just wish I were handling it better then I am. :-(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog